Saturday, May 2, 2009

Thank you for your prayers

I want to thank all who prayed for my finals, and all who've prayed for Daniel and whoever is at college now. Dan still has three more finals, back to back, his most difficult subjects all in the same day; needless to say I would like very much for everyone to pray for A's. If you don't like Daniel, but like me, you may consider this something that means a lot to my future as this engineer's wife!
My finals are officially over. And now the waiting game. I wait to see my grades, hopefully, until sometime next week! I am expecting and very hopeful for three A's and a B. That darn B! I have officially and certifiably been labeled an overachiever. Mrs. Sharon was listening to my plans for a full next two years and asked, "how on earth do you do this all? Do you ever sit down and think of what you've got going on here? You never seem to think its enough either!" I really dont like to think of myself that way I guess. I am doing plenty and am aware of that, yet there's a goal. Like everyone I have a goal that I want to achieve and so many fall short and have regrets and I guess the way I look at it is that I have so much in my power to do if I just take it on. It's never too much unless it comes between me and God. Then, if time isnt made for Him, we (God and I) take a step back and realize I am going too fast and theres too much. There are things in my life which are very time consuming that I am obligated to do. Lots of the things I do are because of obligation. I do choose weather or not to go to class in the summer. I do because it brings me closer faster to what I want to achieve as my goal. There's never a semester thats too much. I just use what is becoming my new self motivator, what helps me cope with all this craziness. When things are spinning and my life feels to hard to handle, I say to myself, "it's time to up it." Up it, simply means that my expectations need to be readjusted and I need to find a new schedual of the way to do things so I can fit in all of this. I would say I am almost constantly thinking about a week and a half into the future. I am almost always planning how I will do inserts and then go to piano, come back and do more inserts find time to talk to my boyfriend and try to fit in a little homework. In this process I always try to put obstacles there to know how I'll react and rearange my plans for getting things done if something happens which often will.
When I'm married and have no paper routes and piano and school, I really dont know how I'll spend my time. Clean house, yes. Make food, yes. Work before I have kids, probably. But by now, folding laundry and cleaning the bathroom are almost relaxing chores. It sounds pathetic, but folding the laundry just means a mindless fold, fold, set down on pile, and sitting still for a little while. Cleaning the bathroom, vacume sweep, bleach everything down, done.
I sometimes think how lazy and ungrateful could I be if the Lord didnt give me the desire to fulfill this goal I have. Thinking that He sustains me everyday gives me a special connection with Him. And, in the end, gives me my motivation. I am amazed at how mental everything I am doing is. I just have to be strong and I know the Lord will continue to hold me up when I'm tired and refresh my mind when I cant think anymore
Praise Him

3 comments:

  1. awww!! Bless your heart girlie!! I am so proud of you and so thankful for your testimony! You are so right about how much of our battles are mental ones. I love that you have grasped this so very early. *sigh* ...took me WAY too many years to figure that one out! ;) WITH God truly, all things are possible. But, if we try to do it all on our own, in the flesh we WILL fail miserably. You have such a great balanced view of it all... knowing that you can do it all - just as long as it doesn't come between you and the Lord. You will not regret this hard work. The Lord has a plan for you and you are already MILES ahead of most people! PTL!! Just remember (way down the road...) when those babies come along to take a deep breath, slow down and enjoy every minute. They grow up WAY too fast! Seems just like the other day when you were toddling around! *sigh* LOVE you and praying for you!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful for you and that the Lord has chosen to bless my life with you. You're a good example and testimony to you mom who is amazed and encouraged by you. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *giggle* You are Busy quite a bit Kara!
    Whens that "Shut in?"

    (My Blog I'm starting on. http://worldisyourcanvas.blogspot.com/ Designing it myself!)

    ReplyDelete